An intimate trip of Japan: Niigata, Echigo-Tsumari “Art Field” Triennale, and Naoshima Benesse Art Site August 28 - September 11, 2018
Best wishes for an abundance of happiness, joyful adventures, and good health for you in 2018!
I would like to invite you to join me on a custom-designed, intimate tour of Niigata and to visit the Echigo-Tsumari “Art Field” Triennale.
You may recall in our travels together in Japan or may have heard the latest news that Naoshima's Benesse Art Site is now considered one of the top places to visit in the world. Naoshima’s Benesse Art Site is inextricably linked with the Echigo-Tsumari Triennale, directed by Fram Kitagawa who is internationally renown for serving as founding advisor for the Naoshima’s Setouchi Triennale that was launched in 2010. These movements have been enormously successful in helping Japan revitalize its regional and national spirit through art. This is the trip for you if you want to explore first-hand with me these important narratives, to experience some of the world's best contemporary art, and to immerse yourself in connecting with art, nature, and the Japanese people.
Echigo-Tsumari Program: September 2 - September 11, 2018
Naoshima Extension: August 28 – September 2, 2018
- Exclusive access to private collections, gardens, art historical sites and museums of Niigata region
- Receive my in-depth guidance through the art sites, and meet curatorial and local supporters of the Echigo Tsumari Triennale
- Stay overnight in James Turrell’s House of Light and in the beautiful Japanese Inns of the famous hot spring towns of Niigata
- Cultural immersion in the region including a temple pilgrimage and visits to local artisans’ studios
The trip will include airport transfers, 10-nights (main program) and 5-nights (extension) with a mixture of 4-star and 5-star hotels and Japanese Inns, ground transportation, admissions and special visits. This extraordinary trip is one that cannot be imitated, as I enthusiastically curate and lead the trip, providing my expertise in service to you. The overall cost is estimated to range between $7500-8500 for the main program and $2500-3500 for the extension. I will be able to provide the price and a draft itinerary by early to mid-February to those who reply with interest.
A review of my upcoming programs and services for groups, individuals, families, and museum parties. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or are interested in the various ways I can help you to experience Japan and beyond!
Anne’s upcoming travel program calendar:
- JAPAN: Echigo-Tsumari Triennale (September 2018) with Naoshima Benesse Art Site Extension (August 2018);
- EUROPE: Belgium and The Netherlands (Dec 2018 & Mar 2019, latter includes TEFAF)
- EUROPE: The Veneto, including 2019 Venice Biennale, Slovenia, and Croatia (June 2019)
- JAPAN: Sanin Crafts & Textiles and Setouchi Triennale (October 2019)
Anne's curated travel program services:
- INDEPENDENT TRAVEL: Design customized trips (FIT) for repeat, referral and new clients, including for couples, families, and small groups who would like to travel to Japan independently, building a personalized and seamless itinerary along with travel guidance by me and my team in Japan.
- PRIVATE GUIDE: Privately guide on excursions of Tokyo, Kyoto and Nara (2018), Sanin Region and Setouchi Triennale (2016), Venice Biennale and Italy (2015), Hokkaido (2014, 2013).
- MUSEUM PARTIES: Lead curated travel programs for art museum delegations to Japan, including for Mingei International Museum (2017), inSite (2017), San Diego Museum of Contemporary Art (2016), Art Institute of Chicago (2015), Getty Research Institute (2014), Andy Warhol Museum (2014), Aspen Institute (2013), Royal Academy of Arts (2013).
- TRAVEL PROGRAMS: Lead trips to the best art fairs in Japan, Asia and Europe, including the Setouchi Triennale, Venice Biennale, and Maastricht, providng in-depth historical background of the culture and art of the country from local experts and introducing artists and supporters of the art world.